セッシャノケンヲ イマスグカエスノダ、ハヤクカエサヌカ!”— 拙者の剣を今すぐ返すのだ。早く返さぬか!
Toshiro Kago is from Japan, born sometime before 1562 and participated in many battles for the Oda Clan. After the decimation of the Oda clan, he fought for one or more other unknown clans during the Azuchi-Momoyama period (1568–1603). Also, during the Tokugawa shogunate (1600–1868), Toshiro chose the "wood sorrel" mon for his name and placed it on his okegawa dô.
Interactions with the player character編集
- Among the Stars: Toshiro can be spoken to about his missing sword and you can return it to him after retrieving it from the maintenance level.
- This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough...: During the final battle on the bridge, after the first wave of aliens are defeated Toshiro will run in from a side door and assist Paulson and Somah in battling the next wave of attackers.
Effects of player's actions編集
- After the events of Mothership Zeta, he stays aboard Zeta and cannot be interacted with. He will disappear if you revisit the Steamworks, but will remain on the bridge if you travel to or from the Capital Wasteland. He can be found later in the living quarters.
- Despite being unable to understand English, Toshiro still responds with different dialogue depending on whether the player speaks to him with the polite, neutral, or smarmy dialogue options, presumably picking up on the player's tone and body language.
*Toshiro will use the sword if you either recover it from the waste disposal area and give it to him, or if you never enter the Disposal area. Should you decide to keep the sword, he will be unarmed.
- He is originally nicknamed "Chinaman" by Paulson, but after Sally tells him that Toshiro is from Japan, Paulson then calls him "Oriental".
- Theoretically speaking, Toshiro Kago is the oldest living character in the Fallout universe. Since he was born sometime before 1562, this technically makes him more than 715 years old in 2277.
- If he is killed before the player destroys all three generators, everyone will still act as if he wandered off after the generators are destroyed, and his body will be gone as if he was still alive and took off.
- He speaks in an archaic, highly ceremonial register of Japanese, used primarily among the nobility and Samurai of feudal Japan.
- Despite the era he lived in, he wears modern undergarments, should he be killed and if the player loots his Samurai armor. However, this is because the game shows all "naked" corpses wearing modern undergarments.
- "Onushi wa nanimono? Koko wa dokoda?" – What/who are you? Where is this place?
- "Sappari wakaran. Koko ga doko nanoka moose. Sessha no ken wa do shita?" – I don't understand [you] at all. Tell me where this place is! What has become of my sword?
- "Nani wo itteorunoda. Sappari wakaran. Nantoka shitekure!" – What are you saying? I can't understand. Please do something!
- "Nani wo itte orunoda. Kono chi ni mioboe wa nai. Ittai sessha ni nani wo shita?" – What are you saying? This place does not look familiar to me. What the hell has been done to me?
- "Sessha no ken o imasugu kaesunoda. Hayaku kaesanu ka!" – Return my sword immediately. Hurry and return it!
- "Sumanuga, sessha mizukara korekara okorukotoni sonaeneba naranu." – I am sorry, but I must now prepare myself for what is to come.
- "Youkai kara mi o mamoru niwa, ken ga iru!" – I need my sword to defend against [these] monsters!
- "Nani ga okotta no ka, kento tsukanu." – What has happened? I cannot understand at all!
- "Yoojutsu de sessha wo toraete yookai me. Kono mama de wa okanu zo!" – These wretched monsters have taken me captive with their sorcery. I cannot be left like this!
- "Ken wo ubawarete shimatta, taegataki kutsujoku!" – I have been robbed of my sword - this is an unbearable disgrace!
- "Hito wo azakeruna. Onushi no monoii wa sappari wakaran." – Do not mock me! I cannot understand a word you are saying.
- "Sessha wo tasuketakuba, sessha no ken o sagashi dase!" – If you want to help me, go and search for my sword!
- "Nanto? Nani o nozonde orunoda. Nani yue, onushi no iu koto ga wakaranu no da?" – What? What do you want? How is it that I have no idea what you are saying?
- "Onushi, naniyue sonoyo ni hanasu? Nanika shomo no mono demo arunoka?" – You, why are you talking like that? Is there something you want?
- "Aa, sessha no ken! Kaeshite moraerutowa, katajikenai." – Oh, my sword! I am most grateful for its return!
- "Jyama o suru na." – Don't get in my way.
xbox360 After completing the main quest of Mothership Zeta, with Toshiro still alive, it is possible to pickpocket him. In his inventory his Samurai sword will appear but trying to steal it may result in the game crashing. [verified]
- ↑ 彼は音声が日本語、字幕もローマ字を使用しているため、日本語を知らないプレイヤーにとっても何を言ってるのかわりません。
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Fallout 3 Official Game Guide
- ↑ The formation of a samurai from his childhood ended at the age of 19-20 years. As Toshiro wears an with the color of the Oda clan (lemon yellow kote and other pieces in black), so he had participated in at least one of the battles with the Oda Clan, and as the last Oda clan battle was the Battle of Temmokuzan in 1582 and the Oda Clan ended on June 21, 1582, he must be at least 20 years old during this period.
- ↑ Toshiro has the typical armor of the Oda samurai and wears the colors of the Oda clan - lemon yellow kote and other pieces in black.
- ↑ At the beginning of the Tokugawa shogunate on March 24, 1603, the use of mon spread to all classes, from peasant to samurai, and were not anymore reserved for aristocratic families and clans. The mon chosen by Toshiro was a mon popular among the samurai class, since the swards are the symbol of the samurai spirit and the three leaves represent compassion, wisdom and virtue.